for people age 18-35, living in the Edmonton area, looking for good restaurants to eat gluten free

Monday, August 21, 2006

Cycling for Celiacs

Cycling for Celiacs 2006 was a great success (in large part due to the hard work of Leticia). I myself rollerblading about 8 km in the event (I was the only one with wheels on my feet, but hopefully that will change next year). Jayson lead the 10km mini-ride, and Natalie (and a few others) walked 5km. Many others participated in the ride, but the majority of the team opted for the 3km walk around the Legislature Grounds. After the mini-ride, we all enjoyed a wonderful BBQ put on by Outback Steakhouse. They served BBQ steak or chicken breast, salad, and GF buns from Kinnikinnick. There was also a delicious chocolate cake provided by Kinnikinnick. The price draw yielded a great many winners (There were more than 20 different prizes). I unfortunately did not win, however both Jayson & Natalie won gift certificates to restaurants in the Edmonton area (and they were for fairly generous amounts....Maybe I can convince them to take out the dinner club with them...). It was a great time, and by the end of the day we all left full to the max like the little gluttons for GF food that we are, and perhaps a little sunburned. Hopefully I'll see you all there next year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home